Since 2001, Walden has recognized the achievements of our
alumni through the Outstanding Alumni Award. This honor is given each
year to an alumnus or alumna who exemplifies Walden’s mission to effect
positive social change through contributions to his or her profession,
discipline, or community.
Do you know an alum who has made a significant contribution to his or her field since graduating from Walden?
To be eligible, nominees must:
• Have earned a degree from Walden University.
• Attend the awards ceremony at the summer commencement ceremony on July 14, 2017 in National Harbor, Maryland.
• Be a first-time recipient.
• Be nominated by a third party.
To nominate an alumnus or alumna, you will need to submit the following for the 2017 nomination cycle:
• A 500-word essay describing how the nominee has used his or her
degree to make exceptional contributions to a profession, discipline, or
community since graduation
• Nominee’s curriculum vitae or résumé (not to exceed 5 pages)
• Supporting videos, photos, or online images (not to exceed 1 page)
We are excited to see your recommendations and share in their accomplishments!
If you have questions about the Outstanding Alumni Award, please email alumni@mail.WaldenU.edu.
Congratulations to our 2016 Outstanding Alumni Award winner, Dr. John Henry Felix '75!
In 2016, we received a record 56 nominations, representing 18 class years and 21 degree programs. We honored Dr. Felix on Friday, July 15 during an awards dinner during Walden's 57th commencement weekend.
In addition to our winner, Dr. Felix, we applaud the following four finalists for their commitment to effecting positive social change in their communities:
Laura Bulluck '10
Dr. Raymond Chimezie '13
Dr. Rafael Matos '13
Dr. Ramen Saggu '15
Meet our past award recipients.