Nominations for the 2016 Outstanding Alumni Award are now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination. The winner will be announced in July, and the next nomination cycle will open in Spring 2017.
Since 2001, Walden has recognized the achievements of our alumni through the Outstanding Alumni Award. This honor is given each year to an alumnus or alumna who exemplifies Walden’s mission to effect positive social change through contributions to his or her profession, discipline, or community.
Do you know an alum who has made a significant contribution to his or her field since graduating from Walden?
To be eligible, nominees must:
• Have earned a degree from Walden University.
• Attend the awards ceremony at the summer commencement ceremony on July 15 in National Harbor, Maryland.
• Be a first-time recipient.
• Be nominated by a third party.
To nominate an alumnus or alumna, you will need to submit the following for the 2017 nomination cycle:
• A 500-word essay describing how the nominee has used his or her degree to make exceptional contributions to a profession, discipline, or community since graduation
• Nominee’s curriculum vitae or résumé (not to exceed 5 pages)
• Supporting videos, photos, or online images (not to exceed 1 page)
We are excited to see your recommendations and share in their accomplishments!
If you have questions about the Outstanding Alumni Award, please email alumni@WaldenU.edu.
Congratulations to our 2015 winner, Crystal Johnson!
Join us in honoring our 2015 Outstanding Alumni Award winner, Crystal Johnson, 2014 Master of Science in Nursing graduate. One of the first healthcare professionals to treat Ebola patients in the U.S., Johnson demonstrated exceptional courage and leadership. Read more about her heroic efforts.
Meet our past award recipients.